Saturday, February 5, 2011

Serve In Army What At Retirement

Big news: my observatory gets the MPC code


Just I have time to write an entry as I would, but I can not avoid leaving a few lines to an announcement that took days looking forward to: my observatory has received Minor code Planet Center, will now be known as the Cerro Wind with MPC code I84.

The Minor Planet Center is the institution, under the University of Cambridge (USA), International Astronomical Union to coordinate precision astrometric observations of minor bodies in the Solar System.

This morning, after breakfast, I found this brief message of Gareth V. Williams:
Your site is now code I84

not deny that I have been days of great anxiety to get the code number assigned as well spend a few nights with below freezing observing asteroids for their actions. Will night I will never forget, of course.

I hope to have more quiet around shortly, but first of all, thanks to Rafael Benavides (again!) For their support and encouragement and Ramon Naves confirmation that my measurements were good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment