Sunday, June 6, 2010

Unblock Farmville Facebook News Feed

Project News instrumental (II)

few days ago he commented that the developments concerning the release of new tools does not end with the new CGEM mount. There's more. In a fit of "astrofili" that incurable disease, I decided, once and for all, solve my problems to get guidance exposures to allow me to overcome the barrier of half a minute they had foiled an attempt to go further. Said and done.

contacted the fabulous people LunĂ¡tico Astronomy (James and Deborah) and a couple of phone calls and several emails everything was resolved within days. Thanks to the excellent service I realized that I had heard about this company was absolutely true: a Thursday was the entry in the bank and the next day morning, I had in my kit to the fantastic self-guided solution Lunatic. Unbelievable. A 10 to care.

This kit is one of the cheaper market and, if true what is read there is also the most effective that an amateur can get by just over 300 euros. Perfectly packaged, when you open the box you discover that there is anything that may need to start homing in plis-plas : guide tube, clamping rings, QHY-5 CCD camera, cables, installation disk and plugins for self-guided software, etc. Even ocular reticulum.

The camera has a CMOS sensor and realized that what I had said Jaime was quite true: thanks to the huge field that offers the small tube EZG-60 (60 mm. Aperture, F3.8 and 230 mm. focal length) in the stars always appear valid for guiding. Although at first it seemed that appeared on the screen only small specks of dust, after giving a few laps I realized that there were such, were stars, many stars, which could be used for this purpose.


The package also comes the PHD Guiding, a marvel for its interface very simple and very powerful for guiding the procedure.


I could not resist, on Friday May 31, the same day I received the package, I went to town to try the new equipment. Installation was very comfortable, very fast. Just over 10 minutes. I put the telescope station and although he was convinced that first night just going to get, I turned on the camera, I chose a very bright object (Dubhe to begin with) and, after locating a star to use as a guide, I started guiding. First I brought Dubhe the field of CCD Atik, because I saturated the image and tried with a 30-second exposure. Amazing, the stars were on time. Increased to 50 seconds ... Well, it works! Let the star field in 100 seconds and self-guided smoothly.

My first attempt at guiding. 100 seconds. It's when I started jumping up.
is clear that the night was not the most appropriate, a gust of wind more or less impossible
strong perfect track ... Worse is 100 seconds!
The image is a single catch, no darks or flats. I only tweaked the histogram to enhance the stars.


M82 with 200 seconds! Like the previous ... one catch, no darks or flats.
A touch to the histogram to darken the weekend.

I started jumping around the yard with joy and told me ... "Quiet, must be filly, just to be that the in season that you did was so perfect that the homing has had nothing to do ...". So I went to M82 and gave cane: 200 seconds ... and above you can see the result. hallucinations. star point ... So yes I could not believe (or Rafa Benavides, with whom I spoke by phone at 1-something in the morning for half an hour telling the good news). I have to warn you that night was really bad to see: a lot of wind and humidity, despite the date. At about 2 the telescope was completely tarnished.

In short ... a marvel. Amazing I could do self-guided on my first night with this team . A team light, very light but effective. Clearly I have much room for improvement. I recommend anyone who needs self-guided to think twice about investing more because, really, this solution Autoguiding this works, it works ...

To mention a downside ... more and more cables and gadgets rather than an amateur astronomer looks like I'm trying to throw something on the moon ... what times these ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment